Welcome to Door of Clubs' website, operated by Door of Clubs, Inc. ("DoC") and located at https://www.doorofclubs.com (the "Site"). The Site is an online platform through which student clubs ("Clubs") and their student members ("Students") at particular educational institutions can connect with Companies (each, a "Business").
DoC does not take part in, nor is DoC in any way responsible for, any interactions between Students, Clubs and Businesses (each a "DoC Participant"), except to the extent necessary to maintain the Site. Any interaction between DoC Participants through the Site or arising out of use of the Site is solely between DoC Participants. DoC also expressly disclaims liability for any claims or damages arising out of relationships, contractual or otherwise, between DoC Participants that may arise out of use of the Site. DoC’s role in operating and maintaining the Site is to act as a facilitator of opportunities only. For avoidance of doubt, DoC disclaims any responsibility for any employment opportunities, employment services, or any other services or products acquired or made available through the Site, even if DoC investigates or attempts to verify any information in connection therewith. Any and all risks associated with the use of the Site will be born by DoC Participants. DoC Participants acknowledge and agree that due diligence is required in the evaluation of such risks. Site Materials and User Content are not warranted to be accurate and DoC Participants shall not rely on same.
The following terms and conditions (“Terms”) govern use of the Site. By accessing, viewing, or using the content, material, or services available on or through the Site, DoC Participants acknowledge that they have read and understand these Terms and that they agree to them and intend to be legally bound by them. Use of the Site is limited to DoC Participants who have agreed to these terms and, if an individual, are 18 years of age or older.
- Only Student members of Clubs are permitted to access the Site, the Site Materials, and the User Content through a Club’s account. Without limiting the foregoing, Students and Clubs are fully responsible for Clubs accounts, including use of the account by any third party, and maintaining the confidentiality of passwords. Accounts may be suspended at any time by suspending the account within the Club’s profile or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- By registering and using the Site, all DoC Participants are subscribing to notification emails that will inform Clubs when a Business reaches out to a Club’s profile.
- Proprietary Rights. Unless DoC explicitly states otherwise in an agreement between it and a DoC Participant or Participants, DoC owns or licenses all data, content, graphics, forms, artwork, images, photographs, functional components and any software concepts and documentation and other material on, in or made available through the Site (“Site Materials”), as well as the selection, coordination, arrangement, and organization and enhancement of the Site Materials. All Site Materials are protected pursuant to copyright, trademark, patent and other applicable laws. As between any DoC Participant and DoC, all names, trademarks, service marks, certification marks, symbols, slogans or logos appearing on the Site are proprietary to DoC or its affiliates, licensors (including Businesses), or suppliers. Use or misuse of these trademarks is expressly prohibited and may violate federal and state trademark law. Under no circumstances will any DoC Participant have any rights of any kind in or to the Site Materials, other than the right to use the Site Materials in accordance with these Terms.
- DoC does not own the rights to Business or Club logos.
- Certain features of the Site (including the registration processes described in Section 1 above) may allow DoC Participants to contribute comments, feedback, information, content, text, files, trademarks, logos, graphics, postings, and other materials and information, including Job Postings, for access, use, viewing and commentary by other users to the Site (“User Content”). By posting User Content, DoC Participants represent that they have the full legal right to provide the User Content and that use of the User Content by the Site and all other persons and entities will not: (a) infringe any intellectual property rights of any person or entity or any rights of publicity, personality, or privacy of any person or entity, including as a result of failure to obtain consent to post personally identifying or otherwise private information about a person; (b) violate any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or agreement; (c) be defamatory, libelous or trade libelous, unlawfully threatening, or unlawfully harassing; (d) impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise imply an affiliate with a person or entity, including any business or educational institution, or that is generally false, deceptive, misleading, deceitful, misinformative, or constitutes a “bait and switch”; (e) be obscene, child pornographic, or indecent; (f) violate any community or Internet standard; (g) constitute misappropriation of any trade secret or know-how; or (i) constitute disclosure of any confidential information owned by any third party.
- DoC participants retain all right, title and interest in and to the User Content submitted by them and all intellectual property rights embodied therein. Upon submission of User Content or other material or information to DoC, DoC Participants grant DoC a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, license to access, use, distribute, reproduce, display, modify, create derivative works based upon, and sublicense, the User Content, all without any compensation to you whatsoever. Unauthorized Activities. DoC Participants agree that they will not use the Site for: (a) any illegal or unauthorized purposes that violate any local, national, or international laws (including but not limited to import, export, copyright, and trademark laws); (b) contacting any other user of the Site who has requested not to be contacted; (c) stalking or harassing anyone; (d) data mining, scraping, or for releasing spiders, robots, web crawlers, or any other data gathering or extraction tools to collect any information from the Site, including any information related to the Sponsorships, except to the extent the Site is indexed by general purpose public search engines; (e) promoting any effort to compete with DoC, including using the Site to provide, alone or in combination with any other product or service, any service to any third party or any use that causes a reduction or loss of business for DoC as related to an existing or potential customer; (f) modifying, copying, distributing, displaying, performing, reproducing, publishing, licensing, creating derivative works from, transferring, selling any of the Site Materials, unless otherwise authorized by these Terms or in a separate written agreement with DoC; (g) attempting to gain unauthorized access to DoC’s computer system or engaging in any activity that interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of the Site or any services provided through the Site; (h) any resale or commercial use of the Site, the Site Materials, or the User Content; (i) using the Site to access or collect any personally identifiable information, including any names, email addresses or other such information for any purpose, including any commercial purposes; (j) violating or offending any community or Internet standards of decency; or (k) removing, circumventing, disabling, damaging or otherwise interfering in any way with any security features of the Site aimed at preventing or restricting the unauthorized use of the Site or any of the Site Materials. DoC Participants may only use the Site and the Site Materials consistently with these Terms. Any other use of the Site or Site Materials, including but not limited to the aforementioned unauthorized uses, without prior written permission of DoC is strictly prohibited. DoC Participants acknowledge and agree that the unauthorized use of the Site or the Site Materials could cause irreparable harm to DoC and that in the event of such unauthorized use, DoC shall be entitled to an injunction in addition to any other remedies available at law or in equity.
- Third Party Web Sites and Content. DoC is a private company, and is not affiliated with any Business or educational institution, including any university or college. The Site may contain links to other Internet Web sites for the convenience of users in locating information, products, or services that may be of interest. The Site may also incorporate features and services provided by third parties, such as payment processing. Use of such third party links, features, and services, the Site and the Site Materials, and any other material or content on and made available through the Site is entirely at DoC Participant's own risk. DoC does not recommend and expressly disclaims any responsibility for the content, the accuracy of the information, or quality of products or services provided by or advertised on third party sites or the transactions you conduct or enter into with third parties. DoC Participants use of any third party’s website is at their own risk, and subject to the terms and conditions of such other websites, including the terms and conditions of DoC’s third party payment processors. DoC does not endorse any product, service, or treatment provided on a third party website or advertised or provided on the Site.
- Availability of the Site. DoC uses reasonable efforts to ensure that the Site is generally available. However, there will be occasions when access to the Site will be interrupted or unavailable. DoC will use reasonable efforts to minimize such disruption where it is within its reasonable control. DoC Participants agree that DoC shall not be liable any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Site.
- Disclaimer. Without limiting anything else in these Terms or otherwise, DoC is not responsible for any errors or omissions in the Site or Site Materials. DoC, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, are not responsible for and do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any Site Materials, User Content, products, data, services (whether performed by DoC, any DoC Participant, or any third party), links, advertisements, or other items contained within the Site. DoC reserves the right to immediately remove any Site Materials or User Content for any reason or for no reason. DoC cannot and does not review all communications or products made available on or through the Site, but, although not obligated to, may review, verify, make changes to or remove any User Content, Site Materials, the Site or the products or services made available in connection with the Site, including information submitted in connection with the Site Materials or other features at any time, with or without notice in its sole discretion. DoC is not required, but is permitted to review all messages made between Participants.
- The site, the site materials, user content, services, products, information, and other materials on, in and made available through the site are made available “as is” and “with all faults.” Use of the site is entirely at DoC participant’s own risk. DoC and its licensors make no representations or warranties, and disclaim all representations and warranties, with respect to the site, the user content, the site materials, services, products, data and other materials on, in and made available through the site, express or implied, written or oral, arising from course of dealing, course of performance, usage of trade, or otherwise, including the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, systems integration, non-interference, quality, title, and non-infringement. The entire risk as to satisfactory quality, performance, accuracy, completeness and effort with regard to any user content, the site, the site materials, services, products, data and other materials on, in and made available through the site, is with DoC participants.
- Limitation of liability. DoC and its licensors shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, exemplary, extra-contractual, or punitive damages of any kind whatsoever, including lost revenues or lost profits, which may or does result from the use of, access to, or inability to use the site, the user content, the site materials, services, products, data and other materials on, in and made available through the site, regardless of legal theory, whether or not you or DoC had been advised of the possibility or probability of such damages, and even if the remedies otherwise available fail of their essential purpose. Under no circumstances will the total liability of DoC and its licensors to any DoC participant or any other person or entity in connection with, based upon, or arising from the site, user content, the site materials on, in and made available through the site, or the services, products, data or other materials offered in connection therewith exceed the price paid by such doc participant during the preceding year for use of the site and the services and products. If any part of this limitation on liability is found to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, then the total liability of doc and its licensors shall not exceed ten dollars ($10). If any DoC Participant is dissatisfied with the Site or with any of these Terms, or feels DoC has breached these Terms, its sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Site.
- Indemnification. DoC Participants shall indemnify DoC and its directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors and licensors (“DoC Indemnitees”) against all claims, actions, suits, and other proceedings (each, a “Claim”) arising out of or incurred in connection with the Site and DoC Participants use of the Site, the Site Materials or any services, product or data obtained through the Site, fraud, violation of law, negligence, willful misconduct, or any other use of the Site, the User Content, the Site Materials, the services, products, information and other materials on, in and made available through the Site, except to the extent attributable to DoC, or any breach by DoC Participants of these Terms and shall indemnify and hold DoC Indemnitees harmless from and against all judgments, losses, liabilities, damages, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and attorneys’ disbursements) arising out of or incurred in connection with such Claims. DoC Participants may not settle any Claim without the prior written consent of DoC. DoC or its licensors may assume the defense of any Claim, at such DoC Participant’s sole cost and expense, and such DoC Participants shall cooperate in all reasonable respects in such defense. DoC Participants shall have the right to employ separate counsel in any Claim and to participate in the defense thereof. If DoC or its licensors do not notify a DoC Participant that it elects to undertake the defense thereof, such DoC Participant shall have the right to defend the Claim with counsel reasonably acceptable to DoC, subject to the right of DoC to assume, at their sole cost and expense, the defense of any Claim at any time prior to the settlement or final determination thereof.
- Funding of Club. DoC has the right to withdraw payment to Club if there are false claims of identity. False claims of identity include, but are not limited to: using a disposable email address, using a name different from oneself, providing false information about oneself.
- Complaint Procedures. If any DoC Participant believes that any content or postings on this Site violates intellectual property or other rights, it may notify DoC by email at email@example.com a comprehensive detailed message setting forth the following information: (a) DoC Participant’s name and the name of his or her Club, if any; (b) DoC Participants contact information, including email address; (c) the nature and substance of the complaint, the specific rights at issue, and the basis for making the complaint, including the content or posting that is objectionable; and (d) the following statement: “The statements, representations, and assertions made in this message are true, complete, and accurate and I have the full legal authority to make each and every such statement, representation, and assertion and to make and be granted any demand made in this message.”
- Rules of Engagement. a) All spring 2017 funding will be paid by April 1st, 2017. b) All clubs are paid via PayPal or by picking up the check at the DoC headquarters, located at 745 Atlantic Avenue, Boston, MA 02111. c) Clubs will receive the entire funding amount minus the transaction fee from PayPal. d) All club members must be from your club's same college or university. e) DoC has the right to withhold payment to any club if there are false claims of identity.
- Funding Fees. DoC is not responsible for transaction fees. Any fees incurred during a transaction are between the third party site and the Club.
- Withholding of Funding. DoC has the right to withhold payment to Club if there are any false claims of identity. False claims of identity include, but are not limited to: using a disposable email address, using a name different from oneself, providing false information about oneself.
- Funding Ban. DoC has the right to ban Club from funding if Club attempts to provide false claims of identity. The ban duration is 365 days.
- Changes to these Terms; Termination. DoC reserves the right at any time to modify, alter, or update these Terms. DoC Participants use of the Site following any changes means that they agree to follow and be bound by the terms as changed. Any change to these Terms shall be effective as to any visitor who has visited the Site before the change was made. It is the obligation of DoC Participants visiting the Site before the change to before the change to learn of changes to the Terms since their last visit. DoC may suspend or terminate any account and/or any DoC Participant’s ability to use the Site, or any services on the Site, for failure to comply with these Terms, for inactivity on the Site, for providing DoC with untrue or inaccurate information, for infringement upon DoC proprietary rights, or for any other reason whatsoever or for no reason.
- Relationship Between the Parties. Nothing in these Terms shall be construed as making any DoC Participant the partner, joint venturer, agent, legal representative, employer, contractor, or employee of any other DoC Participant.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction. These Terms represent the entire agreement between DoC Participants and DoC with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersede all prior and contemporaneous written and oral representations, understandings, and agreements, express and implied, and will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without reference to its conflict of law rules; PROVIDED, HOWEVER, THAT THE TERMS OF ANY APPLICABLE LAW NOW OR HEREAFTER ENACTED THAT IS BASED ON, DERIVED FROM, SIMILAR TO, OR CONNECTED WITH THE UNIFORM COMPUTER INFORMATION TRANSACTIONS ACT DRAFTED BY THE NATIONAL CONFERENCE OF COMMISSIONERS ON UNIFORM STATE LAWS SHALL NOT APPLY EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT THAT THE LAW EXPRESSLY PROHIBITS ALTERATION BY THESE TERMS OF THE APPLICABILITY OF ONE OR MORE SECTIONS OF THE LAW. By accessing, viewing, or using the services, works, content, or materials on the Site, DoC Participants consent and agree to (a) the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in Massachusetts; (b) accept service of process by personal delivery or mail; and (c) irrevocably waive the right to trial by jury and any jurisdictional and venue defenses otherwise available.
- Miscellaneous. The Site is controlled and operated from within the United States. Without limiting anything else, DoC makes no representation that the Site, Site Materials, User Content, services, products, information or other materials available on, in, or through the Site is appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where they are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own volition and are responsible for compliance with applicable laws. The waiver or failure of DoC to exercise in any respect any right provided hereunder shall not be deemed a waiver of such right in the future or a waiver of any of other rights established under these Terms. Headings used in these Terms are for reference only and shall not affect the interpretation of these Terms. No person or entity not party to this agreement will be deemed to be a third party beneficiary of these Terms or any provision hereof. When used herein, the words “includes” and “including” and their syntactical variations shall be deemed followed by the words “without limitation”.
Dated: February 16, 2017
If you need to contact us, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2017 Door of Clubs, Inc. · All rights reserved.